- Stoupa Restaurant - we went four times, each better than the preceding. The last time we were early enough to order the pot-roast goat. Fantastic. As was the bifteki stuffed with feta.
- Akrogiali - went three times for dinner and twice for lunch. The view from the restaurant at night is pretty but in daylight, it's awesome. Really liked their saganaki prawns, totally delicious with great fresh tomato sauce, and will try and recreate this at home. Mixed grill, moussaka and bifteki were highlights here too.
- Ta Pende Adelphia (also known as The White Trees) - great for lunch (five times) or dinner (three). Rabbit stifado, calamari, stuffed peppers, excellent souvlakia and moussaka.
- To Steki - lunch and late drinks. Sometimes very late drinks, with a Stekiburger or two to sustain us.
- The Butcher - this seemed to be a more expensive evening than most, but that's probably because we stayed more than two hours after we'd finished our food. The reason: rembetiki music every night, with Andonis Ainitis starring on bouzouki, a girl with a lovely voice who sang and played the guitar, and some really good dancing. A good night out.
Here's Andonis Ainitis on YouTube: